Tuesday, February 14, 2012

GOOD MOVE CHONG WEI

EXCLUSIVE

Many a time our sports heroes squander their earnings from their years of toiling on the arena. But it will be different for Lee Chong Wei, undoubtedly the most recognised face of Malaysian sports over the last few years.

For Chong Wei, despite all the focus on him, has decided to look ahead for the post badminton days and has formed a development company called Chong Wei BinaJaya.

The appearance of the company was somewhat kept under wraps during the launch of his book last month.

But there was no hiding the fact that Chong Wei BinaJaya is a big player as the A-Boards were visible during the Thomas/Uber Cup Qualifiers at the Forum Macau.

Each of the 4 courts displayed the A Boards and Chong Wei when met after his singles match against Wong Wing Ki confirmed with this blogger that it was his company.


"It something for the future and a small start for me. We have a development project in Ampang and hopefully things work out well," said Chong Wei who did not want to dwell much on his private life.

"I am quite close with the Macau BA president and hence when they approached me for some sponsorship, I guess the time was right to expose my small time developer status.

"The business will not affect my focus towards the London Olympics and that remains my ultimate goal in life at the moment."