Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Karim suffered heart Attack

Malaysian Athletics Federation president Dato Karim Ibrahim suffered  a heart Attack while flying back from the European Champuonships in Germany.

The Attack occurred in Dubai and the airport authorities rushed him to the Dubai Hospital on July 8.

After tests it was revealed that he had two blockages that required angioplasty and he has since recovered and awaits the certificate of fitness to be discharged and fly back home.

" The flight was about 30 minutes from Dubai when I felt the discomfort," said Karim when contacted.

" The airport authorities did s great job and sent me to the hospital quickly.

" I had two blocks and it has been cleared now and I should be discharged today but will need at least 10 more days here before I can fly back."

Besides his family Karim also had with him IAAF Vice President General  Dahlan Al Hamad , who is also Asian AA President and IAAF council member Ahmad Kamali who assisted him all the way in Dubai. The two are from Qatar and UAE respectively.

" I am fortunate that help was fast in forthcoming and they took good care of me," added Karim.

" It's the first time I had this kind of Attack and I am very fortunate that medical assistance was rendered quickly."

Karim also confirmed that MAF has opted for Zaidatul Husniah as the athlete for the wildcard for the Olympics in the 100m having clocked 11.67sec.