Sunday, May 01, 2016

Chong Wei gives Wife timely birthday present

" There are no words that can describe my feeling after defeating the top two Chinese players at their home turf," said Lee Chong Wei in a phone call to this blogger after defeating Chen Long to bag the Badmonton Asia Championships.

It was an amazing display of attacking Badminton as Chong Wei defeated the World number one in the final.

It was even more sweeter as Chong Wei got the better of his nemesis Lin Dan in the quarterfinal.

' Well you can say this Isa small birthday present for my Wife Wong Mew Choo. But it's a present to all adoring Badminton fans who stood by me even when results do not go my way," said Chong Wei.

" Although I cherish the win, I have my feet firmly planted on the ground and my head on my shoulders. No point getting carried away.

" It is the Olympics that matter and my preparations are on track towards that."

Chong Wei tool the first set but made uncharacteristic mistakes in the second and conceded that before winning the third.

" The air conditioning was switched on in the second set and this affected the flight of the shuttle," explained Chong Wei.

" It took me some time to find the rhythm again and hence I made those judgement errors."

Chong Wei said that he believed Lin Dan and Chen Long had something up their sleeves for the Olympics.

" I will now concentrate on the Thomas Cup followed by the Indonesian Open and the Aussie Open, " said Chong Wei.