Wednesday, August 13, 2014

KOSHY QUITS AS KLHA PRESIDENT

Kuala Lumpur Hockey Association were dealt a bitter blow as their president George Koshy resigned yesterday.

Having served the association for six years as President, the decision by Koshy comes in wake of the MHC Council decision to replace him as the team manager to the Asian Games in September.

Koshy when contacted confirmed the fact that he has decided to step down as the KLHA president.

"My work commitments has been increasing and I cannot find enough time to devote to my duties as President of KLHA," said Koshy.

"I had already informed the KLHA numerous times that I do not intend to seek re-election in the forthcoming AGM which is scheduled for early next year.

"This will give KLHA time to find someone else to take over the mantle."

When asked if his decision had anything to do with the MHC decision to replace him as the national team manager, Koshy had this to say.

"Not at all for they have taken a load of my shoulder by naming another manager.

"I had my up's and downs with the national team which I managed since 2009, enjoyed every moment and am  so damn happy we finally made the World Cup, which a small step to moving back to the mainstream of the hockey world but guess making  to the Olympics during my term was not meant to be .

"I wish them well in the forthcoming Asian Games."

While Koshy would not say it, the fact was obvious that the man who provided a new dimension In managing hockey teams was not even told prior to him being replaced as national team manager for the Asian Games.

The KLHA council who are expected to meet next Monday are said to be bent on rejecting the resignation.

But Koshy is adamant that he wants to leave.

"My time is up and let someone else take KL hockey to greater heights," were the parting words of Koshy.