Monday, October 11, 2010

CATWALK ON COURT


Wearing a skimpy black skirt and a sexy sleeveless top, Kate Kune Foo dazzled like a model on a ramp at the Siri Fort Stadium on Sunday.

The Mauritian shuttler, who lost her second round women's singles match to Caroline Black of Nigeria, is indeed a part-time catwalk model.

Coached by her elder sister Karen, the 17-year-old, who has walked the ramp a few times, said badminton and modelling are her two loves. "Like my sister I also want to compete in Olympics. I want to help my country do well in this sport. Modelling too is exciting.

"Though it's my hobby, I want to excel in this field. I hope I'll get more modelling assignments," the teenager said. Kate will be teaming up with her sister in doubles too.

The Foos are a badminton family. Their parents, in fact, fell in love after they met at a mixed doubles event.

"They were playing the mixed doubles event for Mauritius at the Indian Ocean Games," says Karen.

The stunning beauty from the small island is dating footballer Douglas and likes to gorge on Indian food. "I love the chapatis and naans," she said.

Interestingly, her fear of spiders made her a stronger badminton player. "When I was about six, my sister hung a shuttle on a rope attached to the ceiling and told me I should hit it with a racquet as if it were a bad spider," she said.