Monday, January 18, 2010

FOREIGN LEGION FOR UiTM




From: Brunei Times

Bandar Seri Begawan

TWO national hockey players left for Kuala Lumpur yesterday to play in the Malaysia Hockey League (MHL).

The duo of Fauzi Hj Awang and Ahmad Radhey Johor have been signed by the Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) team to boost their chances of making it to the league final.

“This is a great opportunity for me … to be able to compete in a foreign league. I hope it will help me improve on my game,” said 26-year-old Fauzi, who plays in midfield, at an interview with The Brunei Times yesterday at the Brunei International Airport in Berakas.

Ahmad Radhey, 18, also hopes to gain as much experience as he can from his Malaysian teammates as he prepares for the upcoming Malaysia Games (Sukma), to be held in Melaka in June.

“There are a lot of experienced players in the team and I want to learn as much as I can while I’m there,” said the forward.

UiTM, who play in Division One of the MHL, are preparing for their quarter-final match to be held on Jan 29